A reminder to parents that daily registration is required. Please ensure that you have contacted your child’s class Teacher via their email address by 10am each morning to them know your child is present. This information is required by the authority and we thank you for your cooperation with this
- handwriting guidlines including rules for joining
- Starting positions forupper and lower case letters
Listening and talking linked with reading
- Primary 1 – Ask me questions about the book I am reading
- Primary 2-4 – Ask me questions about the book I’m reading
- Primary 5-7 – Ask me questions about the book I’m reading
Oxford reading tree word walls
- Word wall ORT Stage 1
- word wall ORT stage 1+
- word wall ORT stage 2
- word wall ORT stage 3
- word wall ORT stage 4
- word wall ORT stage 5
- word wall ORT stage 6
- word wall ORT stage 7
- word wall ORT stage 8
- word wall ORT stage 9
- Infants -reading phonics games for home
General learning support resources
- Infants -reading phonics games for home
- Simple guide to support reading and spelling simple CVC words
- Strategies to deocde unfamiliar words
- High frequency words P6 and up
Please see the latest update from the Highland Council attached. There is a lot of very important information included so please do take time to read through this carefully.
As was intimated yesterday, you will receive your first home learning grid from class teachers on Tuesday. In addition to this, all pupils are asked to register with the school each day so that we can ensure the health and wellbeing of all young people. We are asking all parents to email class teachers each day by 10am just with a simple message to say (pupil name) is present/absent from learning today. This is just required on school days and will not include the Easter break. Our system for this may change in future but for now, we ask for your cooperation in this. Please keep in mind that some classes are job share situations with different teachers teaching on different days. Please refer to the attachment sent out yesterday indicating working days and email addresses for class teachers.
As always, please feel free to contact the school with any questions you may have.
firstname.lastname@example.org or directly email your child’s Teacher
We are expecting further updates from the Highland Council today so this information may change but at the moment, I would just like to remind you of our school arrangements for the coming week;
· Tomorrow morning, you will receive an email from class teachers with a grid of suggested weekly learning activities. Can I just remind you that we are not expecting you to be teaching your children. The activities provided should consolidate and support prior learning. When we return to school, pupils will all be as-assessed and learning will start from where we left off. Teachers will assume that pupils have been successful in their weekly tasks unless they have heard otherwise. Please get in touch with any questions or queries.
· All pupils are expected to register with their class teacher each school day, starting from tomorrow. Parents are asked to do this by email directly to the class teacher simply to say Name……….is present today. If this could please be done by 10am each day. This process is likely to change but we thank you for your cooperation in this while we await further guidance.
· As from today the school is closed for pupils, this includes the school building and the playground.
· School meals for P1-3 and entitled pupils are being distributed from Portree High School from 11am until 2pm each day this week. We realise this is not ideal and the council are looking at more effective means of delivery after the Easter holidays. We will keep you informed of updates.
· Attached again is a list of the home learning arrangements and email addresses for class teachers. Where classes are taught by more than one member of staff this is indicated on the information above.
· School staff should only be contacted by email during school hours. Please do not use social media platforms or personal email addresses for contacting school staff.
Thank you again for your continued understanding. Please let us know of any support we can help with.
Dear P6/P7 Parents and Carers,
Each week P6 and P7 will be assigned a piece of writing via google classroom. Please see the document following. 2020 Parents’ Guide to Google Classroom
The First Minster has just made an announcement closing schools after Friday this week.
Donna Manson, Chief Executive of The Highland Council said:
“Highland Council will need time to assess the impact of this announcement on our workforce, and our communities as well as on the provision of support for our young people.
“Further information will be forthcoming tomorrow, and please be assured that our central education team have been working extensively on providing learning materials for use at home.
“More detail will be given to parents and carers and pupils from the Council later this week.
“As was intimated by the First Minister, details about free school meals will again be forthcoming in the days ahead.
“Thank you for your understanding on this matter.
“We are expecting further information from the Scottish Government on what will be happening for older pupils regarding exams and the Council will provide further updates as they come.
Please be advised there will be a menu change on Friday:
– pasta or tuna sandwich instead of roast.