What does the Parent Council do?
The main duties of the Parent Council are:
– To represent the views of the parents at the school
– Support the work of the school
– Organise social and fundraising events
– Promote contact between all parents and the rest of the school community
– Discuss any issue that is of interest to parents
– Represent parents’ views to the education authority
Other activities over the last few years: Protecting Classroom Assistants, Fighting Budget Cuts, Raising funds for new playground, Stalling the implementation of the new Facilities Management model which replaces janitorial services, attending annual conference with other Highland Parent Council chairpersons.
PPS Parent Council FUNDRAISING
Scottish Parent Teacher Council – SPTC is the national organization for parents’ groups in Scottish schools. They offer help and advice to all parents.
National Parent Forum of Scotland – The NPFS was set up to give Parent Councils and Parents an opportunity to discuss and raise educational issues of mutual interest or concerns at a national level.
ParentZone – a useful site for all parents and carers.